Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning / HVAC Vehicles
Carwood offers true climate control specialisation across the full spectrum of vehicles, systems and services – in fact if it moves we can air condition it!
• System installation to OE standard
• Upgrading or renovation of heating, ventilation & climate control
• Routine service & maintenance
• Fault diagnosis & rectification
• Staff technical training to IMI Certification
• Supply of specialised tools & equipment
• Component and refrigerant sales
All makes of air conditioning are covered for all types of vehicles including car, truck, bus, coach, plant, off highway, agricultural, emergency and fighting vehicles.
Diverse business activities in the air conditioning division comprise a large service and maintenance business for retail, trade, fleet and dealer clients, with a network of skilled field based engineers for national coverage (UK including Northern Ireland) on truck and bus fleet business.
Additionally our specialised workshop staff have skills, machinery and equipment for metal fabrication and trimming for bus and coach system installations, as well as a special facility for test and refurbishment of military systems. We also operate a bespoke Institute of the Motor Industry accredited training school for Customers, Suppliers and in house staff.
Carwood is one of the largest vehicle air conditioning centres in Europe and the largest bus and coach retrofit installer in the UK.
Recent flagship projects include:
• Installing forced air ventilation for the upper deck saloon in 100 Wrightbus vehicles in service on Transport for London (TFL) routes operated by Stagecoach, London & General, Arriva and First Group.
• Total refurbishment of the heating and air conditioning pack to “BATTLE READY” status on a Vickers AS90 “Braveheart” 155mm self propelled Howitzer fighting vehicle for a division of the MOD.
• Installation of Carrier Sutrak climate control system on a 12 metre coach ambulance conversion.
• Commissioning and ongoing maintenance of climate control systems on “Skyrail” cable car transportation at Birmingham International Airport and Rail Station.
• Installation of Carrier Sutrak climate control system on five Dennis fire tenders for Hong Kong airport authority.
Valued clients for Carwood air conditioning services include:
Arriva, Alexander Dennis, EvoBus, First Group, Landrover, Ford Project Vehicles, London & General, Ministry of Defence, Plaxton, Salvador Caetano, Shearings, Stagecoach, Transport for London, Travel West Midlands and Wrightbus.
Contact us for Remanufactured HVAC Products & Services
We are a major supplier of HVAC vehicle products and services, supplying to both the UK and international territories. Our range consists only of parts from quality certified brands. For further information or help with anything, please Contact Us and we’ll be more than happy to assist you.