This statement is dated April 2018 and made pursuant to section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and sets out the steps that Carwood Motor Units Limited has taken and is continuing to take to ensure that modern slavery or human trafficking is not taking place within our business or supply chain.
Modern slavery encompasses slavery, servitude, human trafficking and forced labour. Carwood Motor Units Limited has a zero-tolerance approach to any form of modern slavery. We are committed to acting ethically and with integrity and transparency in all business dealings and to putting effective systems and controls in place to safeguard against any form of modern slavery taking place within the business or our supply chain.
The Company will achieve these aims by our initiative to identify and mitigate risk in the following ways:
· More stringent vetting and investigation of our supply chain;
· Continually audit & review our practices for checking all employees are paid at least the minimum wage and have the right to work;
· We encourage the reporting of concerns;
· The company will not knowingly support or deal with any business involved in slavery or human trafficking;
· We have zero tolerance to slavery and human trafficking. We expect all those in our supply chain and contractors to comply with our values.
The Company policy is to have no child labour in, or associated with, the business. Carwood Motor Units Ltd do not normally employ any person under the age of 17. If there arises by exception a situation where there is a benefit to the company and to the young worker to do so, we ensure that we uphold relevant statutory requirements, that they continue to have access to further education (apprenticeships) to improve their qualification and skills and that they will not work in any hazardous environment, above the legally acceptable weekly hours and not at weekends or at night.
Concise records are held for employees and an appraisal system ensures that the employee is fairly treated and has ‘a voice’ to represent themselves and to notify of any contravention with the directives of this policy. Receipt and review of two forms of official documented evidence of date of birth is a pre-requisite for young workers / juveniles.